Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Evolution Engine

Here it is in a nutshell. I have a .46 Evolution pts, the top end runs great ( no, better then great). But, the low end stinks. With the trim lever all the way down and the throttle all the back the carb. barrell is ever so slightly open it will not come down to a low idle. The longer it runs in this setup the slower the idle becomes. Effectively loading the engine with fuel. As soon as the throttle is advanced it just sputters and dies. I have tried to lean out the low speed needle setting and have leaned it to the point where the high and low speed needles touch in the center and cut off the fuel. I am at my wits end and no one at my club can figure it out. Maybe one of you can shed some light on this mystery.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere. It could be around where the carb mounts to the engine, or possibly the backplate on the engine. Or, it could just be a bad carb. If you know anyone who has a plane with the same engine, you might try switching their carb to your engine. If that cures it, then that's the problem.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger planemaker said...

Thak you very much. I will try that and if that dosen't solve that problem I guess I will just have to keep tying untill I find something that works. The biggest problem is that it will not idle down when I come into land. Then when it finally dose the engine louds up with fuel and stalls. Weird isn't it?

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this exact engine and it idles WAAY lower than my .46fx. As said earlier, must be a leak or bad part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home