Friday, October 14, 2005

The Bat Plane

This is a Sig Mid-Star 40. Basically a Four Star with a mid wing design. This means the placment of the wing is in line with the horizontal stab. I started biulding it in the winter of 2003 and finished it in the spring of 2005. Yes it took a long time to build. Well I have a good reason for that, I decided that it was time to get married and buy a house. This means that the plane got put on the back burner. So did alot of other things like: flying, working out, gameing, hanging out at the model air field... I have been flying it all year and it is a dream to fly. It flies like a trainer but is arobatic like a pattern ship. I do, however, have a few more problems that I need to iron out. Like the alirons, they won't travel to full difflection and they aren't binding anywere. Also, that stupid engine problem that is discribed in an earllier posting. But, dispite that I love it. Buy-the-way this was my first balsa built kit and my first covering job too. Do you like the pattern?

Front view of The Bat Plane

The Bat on the bottom

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the wheel covers.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger planemaker said...

Thak you, my wife and I made them.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to bad for a kid. Good luck with your next plane. Hope to see you at your next air show this next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home