Tuesday, October 18, 2005

This summer I visited A fly-in called Jets Over Winimac. Let me start off by saying that I have never witnessed anything quite as impressive. The models there were top of the line and the craftmanship that went into them was absolutely fantastic. Due to the danger, and not to mention the price tag, the public was not allowed to walk up to the plane to look at them. But, most of the pilots that were there would answer any question that you had. The event is hosted by the Braun Corporation as is the field and the paved runway. The owner of the company, Ralph Braun, and his son both fly model jets and performed in the event. I was fortunate enough to have met Ralph at the Air show that my club hosted in Elkhart several months earlier. Many of the local residents have been coming to this event for years and enjoy watching these magificant birds fly. One man I talked to said that he and his two sons were both into RC cars but enjoyed this event so much the first time that they kept coming back for the last five years. Another older couple said that they lived across the street from the field and just enjoyed the atmosphere of the event so much that they had been coming since it began. There was also no lack of merchandise either. Some of the products that they offered were a little out of my price range but the next $25,000 I get is going into a model jet ;-) However, a good majority of venders had merchandise for the average modeler. In all I would have to say that it was the most fun and entertaining model air show that I've been to yet. If anyone would like to attend this years up coming show in Winimac, Indiana please contact me for directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home