Friday, October 28, 2005

Winter Kit

What excitement a new kit brings me. My winter project will be a Northstar from Balsa USA. It is an amphibious plane but I hope to get it done before the snow melts. It can be flown right off the show and it would be a shame to have to wait a whole year to try it. As you can see it also has (included) landing gears that you can snap into the fuse to take off of grass. NEAT!!! The only bad part about this whole thing is that I have never flown off of water before and I am a little nervise about it. Everyone tells me that taking off of the water really isn't that much diffrent then on land. It's just an unknown at this point and things that I don't know anything about intimidate me. My main reason for choosing this plane is that I love the way it looks and my father owns lake front property. I can't tell you haw many times I have been there and wished that I had a plane to fly. Most times that I am there the water is calm, the wind is barely a slight breeze and the water is like a sheet of glass. Just one problem, no one in my club has any real experiance with float flying. Any tips?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home